Saturday 24 September 2016

Two Different Views.

“Next Station is Adarsh Nagar. Doors will open on the left,” The announcement in the metro said.

I could see the station name flashing on the screen above the tiny multicolored led bulbs that resembled the points train has covered in the journey. The gates opened automatically and I stepped down on the platform. I could see vacant metallic seats placed there which elicited me to sit down and I waited for my friend to come.

I observed on either side of the platform which stands in the middle of the road. There were not so well built houses which were arranged in a clumsy manner, some were not even properly white washed. The roadside could be seen occupied by fruit and vegetable sellers chanting the names like they have mugged up all before setting up their small pulling rickshaw consisting of four cart wheels. Vegetables were arranged in an artistic fashion so they don’t mix up.  The kids could be seen flying kites on the roof top as Independence Day was heading closer. A group of girls were studying in the balcony under the light of setting sun. An adorable little girl dressed up in a sari was mischievously disturbing them by tapping on their heads and then running with a laugh. They seemed not to possess all the resources but they seemed happy, glad and proud of what they have. The surrounding was so jovial that I wanted to go there and enjoy with them.

On the other side, I could see luxurious homes arranged properly. No vegetable sellers were there. I couldn’t see a single human out of their homes. Dead silence engrossed the streets. Empty roof tops could be seen there. No kids came out to play in the setting sun. No kites could be seen in the sky. Some questions popped in my head,

“Where is that jovial surrounding?”

“Where are the kids who love to play in the evening?”

They might have been engaged with their smart phones or desktops. They might be afraid of the ferocious heat that the setting sun is trying hard to shower. They might have been feeling better to sit in air conditioned rooms rather than to come out and play. I could see a million kites flying free on one side and empty sky on other. I could witness the two different views sitting on a same place.

The message popped on my phone,
“Hey I am here. Where are you?”

I replied the place where I was sitting. She came and we hugged. I smiled and said,

“Can you see something different here?”

“What?”  She said with a demented look.

“Nothing” I smiled and put my hand over her shoulder, boarded the metro and went away.

4 comments: