Wednesday 23 November 2016

Are we Aware?

The sound of bursting crackers hit my ear soon after I offered my prayers to Goddess Lakshmi on an auspicious day of Diwali. I lit the candles and went in the balcony to place them so that my home looks enlightened. As soon as I went in the balcony, I called my mother
“Mom! Can I get a handkerchief?”

My mother came and handed me that. I covered my mouth and tied it. Then I was only able to place those beautiful candles.

I could see people’s florid eyes while bursting crackers but a large amount of smoke in the air showed me a different story. It showed me that their florid eyes or the laugh on their face is transitory. The smoke showed me the future that our future generations will have to face. The children who were jumping merrily when some red coral rockets hit the sky with a bang were coughing later. Their florid eyes were filled with tears which was irritating them. I could sense smoke stating with a devil smile,
“Laugh for one day, you will cry in the years to follow.”

A spine chilling effect hovered my body and mind that I stood numb there. I wanted to make people realize the after effects of what they are doing but I couldn’t. The crackers continued to dominate and the harsh sound sniffed some of my candles.I had my dinner and slept but a deep thought bothered me.

The next morning, sun rays were trying hard to pave the way through the hazy sky filled with smoke in addition with many harmful gases. The biggest irony, same people came out and said,
“Pollution is increasing. Government should do something about it.”

We are the one who are responsible for this situation either we are not aware or we tend to ignore it. If we are ignoring then it’s alarming because we are ignoring our future generations which are yet to live their precious life. We think about giving a lot of things to our children but the bitter truth is that we can’t even give them fresh air to breath. We should stop, think for a second, and ask a question to ourselves,
“Are we aware?”

If we are not then we should to save ourselves and our future generation that is yet to come. It is not about crackers but also other things which add up to adulteration. The poison we are breathing is having an adverse effect on our body. Everyone should take a responsibility towards it otherwise be ready to face harsh days in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment