Wednesday 13 July 2016

Never Complain

I was heading back home in the road transport bus after a frustrating day at office. I was grumbling my day and negative thoughts were coming in my mind.
“Why life is so hard?” I mumbled to myself.

Then a boy came and occupied the seat next to me. He was having a guitar bag on his back and was looking very composed and mature. I couldn’t resist asking him
“Hey! Where do you learn music?”

He told me the place that skipped from my mind. Coincidentally, we got down on the same stop and ascended in the same direction.
“Where do you live?” He asked

I answered and asked his age with suspicion. He was merely 14 years old but his maturity and composed look surprised me a bit. He was wearing a wide smile on his face all the time. I asked about his mother, the thought of asking about his mother came from nowhere.
"What does your mother do?"

The reply was so appalling like someone jolted my head with a stick.
“My mother ended her life by jumping on the railway track”

There were tears in my eyes but he smiled and said “Life is full of ups and downs, you never know when wheel of fortune brings you the bad time. So never complain and always wear a smile. This makes us strong.”
The words hit my mind which made me speechless for a moment. After a while, he parted his way   and waved me good bye. I just stared at him and mumbled to myself
“Thanks God for giving me what I have.”

4 comments:

  1. Life gets busy day by day and appears to be tough if we analyze it...just live it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It is so true. Life goes on so why not live it with a smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story reminds me of .."The show must go on"..which sums up what we call Life...
    and Even Shakespeare has said "We human's are merely player's on stage of the Drama called Life"!!....Loved this one..:)

    ReplyDelete