Monday 25 July 2016

Suffocated Dream

A ray of light peeping through the window of my room and chirping of birds made me to get up and start a new day. It was like an inspiration to do something meaningful. I yawned multiple times before getting up from my bed. It was a bit cold out there. I took my piano keyboard from the cover and started playing a soothing music. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. I hurriedly put it back and stood up to open the door.
“What were you doing?” My father asked suspiciously with an angry look on his face.

“I was about to open my books meant for studying,” I replied with a terror look.

He came into my room and tore apart the posters of famous pianist that hung over the wall. I bought them from the pocket money that I saved over the last three months. He took my piano and smashed it on the floor with a bang.
“Please don’t,” I appealed with tears in my eyes.

After a while, I was sitting on my bed with tore pieces of posters all around me and broken piano in my hand. I was looking at them in such a way like my inspiration had been torn apart. I took out the books from my bag and started studying.

After some time, my phone rang. I picked it up.
“Hey Aakash,” someone said.

“Hi,” I said with suspicion.

I tried to recognize the voice in the mean time and asked hesitantly
“Ravi! Is this you?”

My voice recognition resulted into a positive result and a smile played on my lips. He invited me to a music show that he had organized in the heart of the city. It was a great opportunity to show my passion but I visualized my father in-front of me with an anger look commanding me to study for the exams.
“I can’t come. My father will never allow,” I said with a terrible voice.

I disconnected the phone but the voice of my friend kept echoing in my ears.
“There is a live show in the heart of the city. Come and show your talent”

I packed my piano and left home when my father was not there. I thought that I would be back before my father would be here. I met Ravi who made me to register and I was all ready to show my passion which makes me happy. Audience was there in adequate amount to watch the live show. I was a bit nervous but inspired myself from inside.
“I can do it,” I reiterated to myself.

Soon Ravi signaled me to play the piano. I took a deep breath and started to run my fingers all over it. When the show ended, all were chanting
“Once more! Once more!”

I waved my hand to the audience and thanked them for appreciating my art. Soon there was a knock at the door. I woke up from sleep with books on the bed, broken piano on the floor and tore pieces of posters all around. Soon I realized that it was a dream.

For few days, I studied hard and scored whopping ninety percent in exams. I received the result with no exhilaration.My father was contented with my result.He hugged me,clasped in his arms,my dream got suffocated.

6 comments: